Then spake Jesus saying, "He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

Wednesday, September 3, 2014

7 July- Isis

I have so much to say to you about this little girl named Isis, that basically I just dedicated the blog this month to her. She´s 8 years old, but her parents are not members, so she is considered a convert. Her parents have never wanted to take care of her, so she has always lived with her grandparents. She´s suffered a lot because of her parents. Every once in a while they show up, but never to stay. Isis wears the scars like a giant flier on her forehead. Since the first time I went to teach her two months ago, I knew that she was struggling. When bad things happen, like when her grandma got hurt, she laughs. She hates praying because she doesn´t believe in God. She hates singing. What kind of little girl doesn´t like singing?! Sometimes she laughs uncontrollably and sometimes she can´t hear a word you´re saying. One day she will say that she really wants to get baptized; the next she will say she hates church. She will invite you to come to her house to teach her, but when you get there she will act like the Pied Piper is after her. Isis has tested my patience and my ability to love, but I know she was put in my life for a reason. She has given me the opportunity to prepare myself for the foster kids I want to have. She has taught me that there actually is only one thing we all need—and that really is love. She has taught me that when all the rest of the love there is out there fails, the love of God does NOT fail. From her I have learned that people can change, that sometimes big problems are actually big shadows of little problems. She has taught me that fear is powerful, and that sometimes we can´t jump by  ourselves, but we´re praying inside that someone will come along to take our hand and give us the push we need to fly. From her I have learned that God knows and loves each of us, no matter how difficult we are. That there will not come a day He will not have our back 200%.
That He can´t catch us until we jump.
From her I have learned that miracles are possible.



No comments:

Post a Comment