Then spake Jesus saying, "He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

October 27: Treasure

Hey everyone! This week was Halloween and check out the adorable Maleficent that came to trick or treat at our house <3 She’s the daughter of one of the less-active families we teach. It was my first time in my life giving out treats and she was the only one who knocked but I was so happy!!! Giving out treats is just as good as getting treats, who knew.


We also got our fair share of treats because on Sunday it was reverse trick or treating, all the kids came up to us with the treats and let us choose which ones we wanted!!!! Hahaha it was the cutest thing ever and I didn’t even have to miss out on the traditional stomachache from too much candy. The only thing that was missing from this Halloween was the candy corn. And chocolate chip pumpkin bread. Oh and you guys!!!!!!!!!!
Dad sent me a picture of the little Grinch hahaha way tooo cute!!!!! Now it’s time for a haircut. Idk what Brig or Rae or my cousins dressed up as for Halloween, but I hope it was fun.

We had Zone Meeting this week, shout out to Meg and Nona for the letters :D Know that I love you all and think about you all constantly!!! You are in my heart and I appreciate all the support. I can feel it, so even though I love hearing from you, even when I don’t hear from you I feel your support and love. I hope you can feel mine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



Something I read this week in Preach My Gospel, in the lesson about callings in the church, is: One of the greatest blessings of being a member of our Church is providing service. This really hit me!!!!!!!! I mean when you think about all the blessings we have as members of the Church, they are astounding: a prophet and 12 apostles, being able to be sealed as eternal families, and yet, our callings and many opportunities to serve are one of our greatest blessings!!!!!!!!!!

Reading the New Testament is inspiring because you read about the actions of Jesus Christ, and it truly is incredible to even start to think about the magnitude of service he gave. You can’t be like Jesus or apply WWJD if service is not a huge part of your life. So the opportunities in our lives to serve truly are some of the most important and more profound blessings we have.




No comments:

Post a Comment