Then spake Jesus saying, "He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

Thursday, July 16, 2015

June 29: The Book of Mormon

We were in our first lesson with Benarda and Jesus; first lessons are always hard because you don’t know the person, but have to help them understand the importance of baptism in their lives, and how they can receive answers from God to specific questions they have. You have to listen so hard to the Spirit! Everything felt warm, nice, but I didn’t expect what happened when I pulled a Book of Mormon out of my backpack as my companion was teaching. Before I even had it fully out of my backpack, before we could start to explain what it was, the husbands eyes got huge. I had no idea what that meant, if it was a good thing or a bad thing. So I just asked what he felt upon seeing the book. And he said, “Right away it calls your attention and it makes you feel like reading it.” Whooooooooa. The Lord prepares people!!!

I gained a testimony of the Book of Mormon my freshman year of high school. It was the year I was sickest. Almost every week I went to the hospital, missed school, and had make-up work; I was getting blood transfusions constantly, trying all kinds of medicines that never worked, and simply talking and smiling was a tiring effort for me. But I hardly EVER missed 6:30 am seminary before school. I felt like I could not make it through the day if I did not go. It gave me a strength and a peace that helped me survive. We were studying the Book of Mormon. Ever since then, I have known of the power of this sacred book. It’s so much more than just a book. It’s God’s words. It’s the instructions and advice he wants us to have. I love the Book of Mormon and invite every one of you to take advantage of it by reading it every day and applying its holy instructions.
(caption) This week we said goodbye to Presidente and Hermana Camarillo, two of the most dedicated servants of the Lord I have ever met. I am so grateful for them!



No comments:

Post a Comment