Then spake Jesus saying, "He that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life." John 8:12

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

blog. june 15: Pray to Answer Prayers

This week we were in a lesson with an inactive family, when a missionary from another church knocked on the door. (There are tons of missionaries here!) The dad of the family was like, Don't worry about it, you guys beat him to it. And I just thought he was being funny and laughed. But then at the end of the lesson he told us he had been talking to God that morning and telling Him that He had forgotten about him and his family. And that the first church that knocked on their door that day was going to be their church. 

We didn't know that it was important to be with them that exact day, at that exact time, but Someone did. I feel so grateful every time the Lord lets me be the answer to somebody's prayers. I invite you all to pay special attention to the whisperings of the Spirit, because the Lord will use you as an instrument in His hands. The Lord always answers our prayers, President Monson said, usually through a friend, a neighbor, a stranger. It strikes me as so beautiful that He lets us participate so much in His work. I remember mom telling me one time, "You kids were the only 4-year-olds who cut out sugar cookies starting from the outside and working inside, putting the cookie cutters close together." I think about how many things I learned because she pulled me into the kitchen or because she helped me clean the floor, even though it would have been so much easier for her to do it herself. And I think how Heavenly Father is the same way with us. He lets us participate in His work and His glory- to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man. On tiny step or word of encouragement or hour of helping at a time. Everyone of you who is reading this has been an answer to my prayers for comfort, for friendship, my prayers to learn new things or to understand what I was going through. Thank you for your support and your love. Thanks to my parents for your HUGE patience with me and your HUGE belief in me. "In the end, the number of prayers we offer may contribute to our happiness, but the number of prayers we answer is of much greater significance," said President Uchtdorf.


No comments:

Post a Comment